Wire meshes for EMI shielding
Hybrid, battery powered, and fuel cell mobility requires increased protection from electromagnetic radiation for both occupants and components. Shielding meshes from GKD provide EMI shielding to ensure the requisite safety. These are used in battery compartments, power electronics, and displays.
Special mesh types offer outstanding drapability for complex three-dimensional components, while at the same time adding only minimal additional weight for use in composites and SMC components.
Other meshes for use in optical components are supplied with special coatings that guarantee homogeneous black coloration for the greatest optical transparency. A wide range of wire meshes produced from copper, aluminum, bronze, or stainless steel is available for shielding applications. Matched to the overall system, these guarantee high shielding effectiveness.
Benefits for EMI shielding
- Effective shielding of electromagnetic radiation
- High optical transparency (> 80%) for optical applications
- Absolutely homogeneous black coloration
- Mesh widths up to 2 meters for large formats
- Lightweight, highly drapeable meshes for composite materials and other technologies
- Mechanically robust meshes for the construction industry