Conveyor and process belts in drying processes
With its process belts, GKD offers sector-specific solutions for drying applications. The optimum design of our belts forms the successful basis for drying raw materials in the form of powders, granulates, and pastes. They offer mechanical strength and permanent resistance to chemical influences.
- Mechanical strengths
- Extremely high temperature resistance
- Resistance to chemical influences
- Excellent running properties
- Individual manufacturing specifically geared to the process
Conveyor belts for cooling in the chemical industry
The robust, abrasion-resistant, and temperature-resistant GKD TRACKMATIC™ belts produced from stainless steel also deliver impressive performance in the cooling processes used in the chemical industry. On the smooth surface of the TRACKMATIC™ belts, good release characteristics are combined with the desired slight adhesion of the product to the metal belt for treatment in blast freezers.
- Suitable material quality (stainless steel)
- Suitable for use in the chemical industry
- Self-controlling thanks to V-crimp system
- Good aptitude for use of cleaning agents
Wire mesh elements and media for drying powders and bulk goods
Our wire meshes are used as a retention medium and combined filter-drying medium in a very wide range of applications. In the chemical industry, filter dryers are equipped with GEKUPLATE filter bases, which are produced individually based on the specific requirements of the equipment and processes involved. Other applications use mesh or GEKUPLATE mesh laminates as inserts in drying or washing tanks, where they serve as permeable retention media for a wide range of materials. In the chemical industry, further applications such as conditioning are also performed efficiently using process belts from GKD.
Benefits for drying applications
- GEKUPLATE filter bases in standard stainless steels and special materials
- Mesh inserts to secure separation rates down to 5 µm for dryer elements
- Fluidizing bottoms with matched permeability and retention rates
- Filter bottoms for dryer filters
- Mesh inserts for Nutsche filters / dryers
- Fluidizing bottoms for drying bulk goods