Engineer in Manufacturing Technology and Construction16. January 2023
Senior Manager Strategic Purchasing
At the earliest possible date. In Düren.
GKD. We produce technical weave – since 1925. Owner-managed and family-owned, we stand for innovative and highly efficient mesh solutions for industry and architecture. More than 900 employees work for GKD worldwide, realizing our vision of a healthier, cleaner, safer world. We stand for clear values so that we can develop solutions together as a team and act with a focus on the future. In our collaboration, we rely on a strong, shared culture of dedication, development, reliability, and respect.
- Establishment of and responsibility for the central function of strategic purchasing and supplier management (reporting line to the Head of Global Supply Chain with interface to the operational purchasing units)
- Responsibility for setting up, implementing, and continuously developing global supplier management
- Point of contact for suppliers and internal link between headquarters, subsidiaries, and cross-functional teams within the company
- Establishment of compliance and guidelines within our global supply chains
- Supplier approvals including negotiation of contract conditions
- Conducting supplier audits according to ISO 9001 and VDA 6.3 together with the PQS department
- Monitoring of potential analyses and risk assessments as well as escalation in the event of non-conformities, if necessary
- Planning, controlling, and optimization of annual meetings with suppliers
- Result forecast according to the strategic targets, as well as price and volume
- Implementation of projects to optimize processes in the existing purchasing structures of the GKD Group in cooperation with the PQS department
- Successfully completed studies in the field of industrial engineering, supply chain, or a comparable qualification
- Several years of professional experience in the aforementioned areas of responsibility
- Extensive quality knowledge and experience in the automotive sector
- Qualification as an auditor according to IATF 16949, VDA 6.3 is an advantage
- Commitment, assertiveness, team-oriented working and thinking as well as communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and a high degree of target and result orientation, coupled with pragmatism
- Strong affinity for numbers, very good analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a pronounced understanding of processes
- Experience as a project manager in the area of project or process management
- Business fluent in German and English, both written and spoken
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Willingness to travel
- Family-run company with culture and values
- Modern working methods
- Attractive, collectively agreed remuneration
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of mobile working
- Ergonomic workplace design
- Company training and continuing education
- Company pension scheme
- Company medical service care
Weave your career. Together. With us.
Do you want to shape your professional future and make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
Your contact to us
Here you can find
and partners in our
We look forward to receiving your application
Simply send it to us directly via our online application form. Of course this also works for your unsolicited application.
Do you still have questions?
Then please feel free to call us or send us an email.