Customs and Export Control Specialist10. March 2023
Global Key Market Manager – Environmental Protection13. March 2023
Head of Shipping
At the earliest possible date. For our Shipping team. In Düren.
GKD. We produce technical weave – since 1925. Owner-managed and family-owned, we stand for innovative and highly efficient mesh solutions for industry and architecture. More than 900 employees work for GKD worldwide, realizing our vision of a healthier, cleaner, safer world. We stand for clear values so that we can develop solutions together as a team and act with a focus on the future. In our collaboration, we rely on a strong, shared culture of dedication, development, reliability, and respect.
- Responsibility for shipping at our site in Düren
- Disciplinary and functional management of our shipping team
- Scheduling, coordinating and deadline monitoring of air, land, and sea transports
- Ensuring compliance with customs and foreign trade law requirements
- Advising and supporting the specialist departments in transport, foreign trade, and customs matters
- Freight purchasing
- Coordinating import shipments from non-EU countries
- Invoicing and preparing accompanying documents for goods
- Supporting the processing of letters of credit
- Monitoring and adapting internal shipping guidelines
- Completed commercial vocational training (industrial management assistant, forwarding agent, export agent) or comparable specialist training
- At least five years of professional experience in a similar position at an ISO9001-certified industrial company
- Initial leadership experience
- Good specialist knowledge of customs and foreign trade law
- Sound knowledge of freight purchasing, sales tax law, and processing letters of credit
- Knowledge of shipping hazardous goods is an advantage
- Good communication skills with internal and external contacts
- Pronounced service orientation
- Hands-on mentality
- Good MS Office skills and experience in using an enterprise resource planning system (preferably SAP)
- If possible, certified training in the procedures of export and import for goods and services with the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IHK)
- Good written and spoken German and English skills
- Family-run company with culture and values
- Modern working methods
- Attractive, collectively agreed remuneration
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of mobile working
- Ergonomic workplace design
- Company training and continuing education
- Company pension scheme
- Company medical service care
Weave your career.
Do you want to shape your professional future and make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application.
Your contact to us
Here you can find
and partners in our
We look forward to receiving your application
Simply send it to us directly via our online application form. Of course this also works for your unsolicited application.
Do you still have questions?
Then please feel free to call us or send us an email.